Literally. A few days ago ( weeks ago now, I’m posting this blog a bit late ) I decided to submit my tribute to the clown design easter egg competition over at clownforum.com. Here’s the starting message they posted :
Easter 2008 Clown Egg Contest!
Easter is quickly approaching, and that means Easter eggs! We’ve held a Clown Egg contest for the past two years, and everyone enjoyed themselves so much we’re doing it again.
For years now Clowns International has kept a collection of eggs painted with clown faces as a registry of unique face designs, and now it’s your turn to make your own Clown Egg. To enter, decorate an egg with a clown face; it can be your clown face, something completely new, or an homage to a famous clown (as long as it is clearly labeled as such; you may not copy a famous clown face and pass it off as your idea). Go nuts; you may use props and backgrounds as well. See the Clown Gallery for inspiration.
Take a picture of your creation and upload the photo to the Clown Gallery (in the Clown Eggs category) by midnight on Friday, March 21. The winner will be notified on by Clown Mail on Saturday, and the announcement of the winning entry made on Easter Sunday, March 23.
If you don’t have access to a digital camera, you can also enter by:
* sending me a regular photo through “snail mail” (send me a Clown Mail to get the address)
* drawing your clown face on the egg shape provided below, printing it out and mailing it to me (Please let me know if you need a different size)
* using a paint program to draw your clown face on the egg shape provided below and uploading it to the Clown Gallery
Please do not send me your eggs, unless they’re from the goose that laid golden eggs or Faberge.
This contest is open to all members of Clown Forum and their children. You may enter as often as you like. There may or may not be a separate prize for Junior Joeys, depending on how many enter.
Winner will receive a fabulous prize package including:
* the Clown Forum mug of their choice
* the Clown Egg Contest winner award icon next to their name (see past winners Sassafras, Shoq, and Flower)
* various extra props and buttons yet to be determined
I worked with flash for about an hour and threw together the artwork displayed below, submitted it, and went back the next day to check what the clowns had said about it. Apparently clowns have no sense of humor, and this message was displayed instead
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Why? So I traveled to the site via a Proxy instead and it seems they deleted my post too, what a bunch of clowns . . .
I really spent a lot of time on that egg too ...