The Nintendone Paper
Pure paper genius. XD If you're short on time the best part starts at 3:20. Considering how notorious the N guys are about copyright though I really hope this thing stays online! Name or no-name. Definite 10/10 though.
GOG Two Step
GOG's Chinese New Year Sale
RE: Deadly Silence
I brought one game up North the summer of 2016, saved for rainy days, and ended up playing it waaaay more than I was planning to! It's the remake of Resident Evil 1 for the DS (thus the suitable Deadly Silence acronym thing). Here's a little log of my attempts and successes while journeying through the game, in order:
- Jill (Classic) - Stuck on 'Doom books'. Check... ohhh!! After that no problems.
- Jill (Rebirth) - ...did I even complete this?
- Chris (Rebirth) - Quick attempt. HARD!
- Jill (Classic again) - Piece of cake this time.
- Chris (Rebirth again) - Not so difficult either. Plenty of ammo at end.
-- Bug on final fight. Helicopter cutscene instead of character view while battle ongoing
-- Much more intense! Better voicing, sparser ammo; challengingly small inventory. Once I've played past Jill going back feels too easy.
-- Final 'explosion' freezes before final cutscene.
- Chris (Rebirth again) - Special Key?
- Chris (Classic, went quicker) - Special Key and Rocket Launcher!
- Chris (Classic with RL) - less than 2h.
- Chris (Rebirth again) - Thought I'd get the RL, but... took more than 3h!
- Jill (Classic again) - Waited for Benny; explored alternate ends. I've seen them all now! Less than 2h, special key + RL.
So that's that! Ten times huh. Nice and even numbers.
Some other notes and impressions jotted down while playing the game: